Pyriatyn district is located in the north-western part of Poltava, in the forest-steppe zone, forming boundaries Hrebinka, Lubny, Chornukhy districts of Poltava region, Varva and Pryluky districts of Chernihiv region, Yahotyn district of Kyiv region.
Pyriatyn district was formed in 1923.
At the entrance to Pyriatyn from
Poltava Kyiv or highly visible from a distance, a kind of architecture of the tower the bus station-1of orname
-ntnoyu trim at the top. It was built in 1951 and is nearly 30 meters high. Her image is placed in the first volume of the Ukrainian Soviet Encyclopedia Edition 1959.
The architectural sites there is the Cathedral of the Nativity of the Mother of God, built in baroque.
1781 in the funds Captain Andrew Il’chenko Lubenskyi Regiment, who lived Pyriatyn, built and consecrated Cathedral of the Nativity of the Mother of God.
An interesting architectural sight is the farmstead of the Zakrevskys,
located on the western outskirts
Berezova Rudka built in the second half of the 18th century. This a castle-park complex in new-baroque.
In addition these
is also a burial vault of the Zakrevskys built in the form of an
Egyptian pyramid at the end of the 19th century by H. Zakrevsky,who
Serviced the Emperor Alexander III.
Length of basis of the pyramid 7meters, height of about 10 meters.
At the entrance was found a statue of an angel guardian. Inside the pyramid memorial altar with a cross in the center, on one side of the wall murals are painted with Scripture and quotations from the Bible.
The palace complex is connected to Berezova Rudka park.
This park, which was created in the 18th century, has been a national park since 1983. Its 45 hectares of land contain about 40 types of trees and bushes, including chestnut, birch, walnut,elm and pine tree alleys old.
The Saint Nicholas
(in the village of Povstyn) was built in 1775.
This is the only wooden church that has survived to this time. Even now you can feel the uniqueness of those times.
Near the church there is an attractive public garden with a fountain and a place